Posts tagged caspar schröder
swedish il gesu

The church on Kvarholmen, that we can visit today, is called a cathedral, although since 1915 it is not a capital of diocese – now it’s Växjö. The church on Kvarholmen was built in three stages during the reign of three Charleses, so during the inauguration it was called the Church of Charles. The construction started in 1660. The consecration took place in 1682 and was conducted by the bishop Henning Schutte, although the church was not fully ready until 1703.

Read More